Wednesday, June 12, 2013

2013 - Day 163/202 - Wednesday...

Chicken and egg trivia of the day:

While it is customary to throw rice at weddings in many countries, French brides break an egg on the threshold of their new home before stepping in- for luck and healthy babies.

I think it would a lot more fun and make the receptions A LOT more interesting if the wedding parties threw eggs at the exiting couple.  Who is in for starting a new tradition?  I'm just askin'...

Today was a nice cloudy day.  Not cloudy in the grey/no sun kind of way, but cloudy in the 'those clouds weigh a lot of elephants' kind of way.  Beautifully cloudy, wondrously cloudy, imaginatively kind of cloudy.  My advice to the thousands of followers of this journal (I am lying) is to take time to smell the clouds, you will thank me in the end.  AND LET ME BE CLEAR ABOUT THAT, you are supposed to smell the clouds, not MY END.  I'm just sayin'...

A pretty darned good day today, even though I did get up and start sending e-mails at 3:30 this morning.  I still think 3:30 is too early to start making phone calls, but you would be surprised to see who is signed on to their FaceBook pages at 3:30 AM...  Lots O Folks, and I think they are really paying attention, doesn't FB time you out after several minutes of inactivity?  I think so.

A couple great meetings at the Board today, very informative and filled with good information.  After that, I taught a one hour KNOW YOUR CODE class, and those are always fun.  Then back to the office to do some power real estate, and I headed for the house at about 3:30 (in the afternoon) so that was nice.  I made it home just before 5 and got to see most of the news; okay, some of the news before I fell asleep in the big blue chair.  Then the TV reception went out (freaking satellite receivers) and that is when Jody told me it was raining.  There was ZERO chance of rain today, but there it was, and we recorded 0.05" of rain in our official gauge.  Good job!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS GOT RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment