Saturday, June 22, 2013

2013 - Day 173/192 - Saturday...

More useless trivia, but of concern to part of todays post:  Crepe Myrtle is spelled with an “e.”

TRUE: In the McDonald Garden Center dictionary, we spell Crepe Myrtle with an “e” based on the tissue-paper like flowers that resemble the crepe paper texture.

There was a controversy about the spelling of Crepe Myrtle versus Crape Myrtle last year, and what I was led to believe was that both forms of the word Crepe/Crape were acceptable.  Today I learn that the that publish the above mentioned Garden Center Dictionary spell it with 2 e's, no a's.  I think they should just try to keep an open mind and forget about it.  Whatever...  Te whole point is that OUR Myrtles are doing very nicely indeed and are blooming up a storm.  Very nice.  And the white ones up by the road are just knocking themselves out with their blooms.  Very attractive indeed!

I got to stay in bed a little while extra this morning and that was nice.  Once I was out of the bed, I did the usual morning things and them I made a pile of eggs for me and Jody.  After breakfast, I took to the big blue chair, and made a slow start to doing pretty much NOTHING for the entire day.

For dinner tonight we enjoyed some of the fresh corn on the cob that was provided to us by Randy and Irene about a week ago.  We have some still in the refrigerator and some in reserve in the freezer.  Yummy good.  Pauline brought us a little bundt cake and some cookies tonight, so I think we are fixed for a while.

Tomorrow will be a day for doing chores.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRAPE MYRTLES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment