Tuesday, June 11, 2013

2013 - Day 162/203 - Tuesday...

Chicken and Egg Trivia of the Day:

To produce one egg, it takes a hen 24-26 hours, and to do so, she requires 5 oz. of food and 10 oz. of water. Thirty minutes later she starts all over again.
That kind of makes me tired just thinking about it...
Not a bad day today, all things considered.  A ten o'clock, an 11 o'clock, a quick lunch meeting worked into the mix, and then a 3 o'clock.  And in the middle of all that, some quick power real estate, and then home.
When I got home, Hubert (I expect it was Hubert anyway) was in the south pasture baling hay.  From what I an tell from the house (with the help of a pair of binoculars), it looks like 19 bales, maybe a few more that I could not see.  So, that is not too shabby, and I think we will get at least one more cutting before the end of the season, especially if we get a little bit more rain some time soon.
The prickly pears are still doing a little bit of blooming, and this is one up towards the road that is doing very nicely, thank you very much for asking.  I especially like the yellow color, and then when the blooms fade they have a rusty red color to them, almost a golden color.  Very nice.
I only have a couple meetings tomorrow, so that will be good, I need some time to just be sitting in the office doing a little bit of work.
Deeds, Actions, Changes, FLARES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment