Tuesday, June 18, 2013

2013 - Day 169/196 - Tuesday...

Useless trivia:  In the 1850's, some Paris newspapers were printed on rubber (to be read in the bathtub).

You should have believed me...

We had a zero percent chance of a precipitation event overnight, and I got up out of the bed at about 5 o'clock this morning to winds from the north and lightning.  Before long it was raining, and this is what it looked like on my way to work.  Except it got A LOT worse.  It rained VERY hard down the Interstate and MoPac but it let up when I got almost (within 5 or 6 miles) to the office.  When I did get to the office, there had not been ONE DROP of rain.  We got 0.81" of rain at the farm, and some people got over 3 inches of rain.  Crazy how all that works!

Another really nice day in the office, things are working out pretty well, everyone happy and keeping their heads down and working.  I had another couple meetings this afternoon, and made it home just a little bit before 6 o'clock.  It is amazing how much work (?) gets done remotely (mobiley).  Every thing needs to be done RIGHT NOW, and no one has any patience.  FOCUS PEOPLE!

Tomorrow is hump day already, and I will be in the office in the morning, and meetings in the afternoon. 

Remember when I mentioned that I am the luckiest man in the world?  It's true!  Today, Jody and I celebrated out 21st Anniversary.  My best 21 years, PERIOD.  A third of my life, and I could not have asked for anything better.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, 21 YEARS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment