Thursday, June 27, 2013

2013 - Day 178/187 - Thursday...

Useless trivia for the day:  The summer of 1995 was so hot that at the end of August, methane emitted within big bales of freshly-cut hay in Missouri began spontaneously combusting.

It is HOT, HOT, HOT!  How hot is it?  It is HOT, HOT, HOT!  It is so hot the chickens are panting.  Today's high temperature in Austin was 103 degrees, most likely a little bit cooler out here on the edge of no where.  That's likely because the heat cannot find up.  This is a picture of one of my new favoritist girls, one of the Crested Polish.  I think she probably thought I had ice water on me when I was going out there to check on them this evening, but no such luck.  We are supposed to have a 'cold-front' come through over the weekend, and reduce the high temperatures by a couple degrees, and maybe even a slight chance of rain.

Today was my Meals-On-Wheels day, and that was nice, I always enjoy doing it.  After the noon hour, I headed to the Board office to teach an ethics class, and that was WAY FUN!  I love teaching Ethics, and I think everyone in the room (including myself) can learn at least a little something!

Tomorrow will mark the end of the month for us, life is crazy busy at the office.  We are going to bring in lunch, and maybe even breakfast, we will just have to see how it goes.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HEAT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment