Sunday, June 2, 2013

2013 - Day 153/212 - Sunday...

The day started pretty ordinarily for a Sunday.  I did get up kind of early, I wanted to open the chickens gates before sun-up because I had put some of the new girls in the big coop last night, so when they woke up, I wanted them to be able to get out.  Then I made coffee, read the paper and made myself and Jody a pile of eggs.  Yummy.

Then I was off to the great outdoors.  At about 8:30 I was moving the fresh hay bales and a helicopter landed over at Irene and Randy's house.  It was kind of interesting, I figured it was the DEA gonna make a bust, but it turns out it was a friend of theirs that just decided to 'drop in' I guess.  Pretty neat for goings on out here on the edge of nowhere.

It was a busy day and there were lots of accomplishments.  Miguel came out to help, we got the chicken coop cleaned out, added another perch to the coop, moved the hay bales, fed the cattle, cleaned a gutter on one end of the house, took down the kennel that houses small chickens (I am really not expecting to buy any more chicks until 2015), cut lots of grass and all kinds of things.

For dinner tonight, we went into Thorndale to the Downtown Cafe.  I am telling you, that was the best rib eye steak I have had in a long time.  It was excellent.  Chris met us out there, he had a HUGE chicken fried steak and Jody had fried catfish.  EXCELLENT.  The owners are friends of Chris' and they are always very kind and friendly when  we go out there.  AND OF COURSE, that is just exactly the place you would expect to see an older (but in excellent shape) beautiful yellow Rolls Royce.  Someone out there has a little bit of cash, or maybe they did before they bought the car, who knows.

On the way home, we stopped and put gas in the truck, and filled up four gas cans with gas and diesel.  Two cans of each.  Total fuel purchase; $148.30.  I am always amazed when I fill up the truck and the tanks.  That's a LOTTA FUEL!

This should be a pretty good week coming, I will let you know how it works out.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, I GOT GAS!, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment