Friday, June 28, 2013

2013 - Day 179/186 - Friday...

Useless trivia for the day:  In 75 years, the human heart pumps enough blood to fill an oil tanker 46 times.

I could definitely feel the blood coursing through my veins today.  The high temperature (an all time high for the date) was 106 degrees.  It gave me an all new meaning to the term Blood, Sweat and Tears.  I could feel the blood, I glistened a bit (honestly, I prefer not to sweat but I don't mind a good glistening every now and then) and there were a couple tears here and there.  Jody and I are looking forward to going to visit our friends Bruce and Melody in August.  They live in one of the small scrunched states in the Northeast.  I joked with Melody this morning that you could walk across the whole state in 20 minutes.  BUT, right now they have it pretty good.  Moderate temperatures and rain.  I am a little bit jealous and envious of that.

A very busy day at the office, and I did not leave the place (except to check the mail) from the time I got there (about 8 o'clock this morning) until the time I left (about 5:30).  BAD NEWS:  I stood up my friends Virginia and Bryan for the SECOND time in as many weeks.  The first time I had the time wrong, and today I just totally spaced out.  I remembered the appointment this morning and all the way through about 1 o'clock, but I did not think of it again until Virginia called at 2:45 wondering if I was dead in a ditch somewhere.  No, but thank you for checking.  SO, we are going to try it again, and this time I need to figure out how to set the alarm on my iPhone.

I am looking forward to sleeping in a little later in the morning.  I am going to have to go and get some cattle feed in the morning, and do a few things, but the heaviest of the chores will be reserved for Sunday.  AND, we are supposed to have a cold front come through sometime on Saturday, and the high temperature for Sunday is forecast to be only 93 degrees.  I will believe it when I feel it.

Almost 8 o'clock and it is still 102 degrees here.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLOOD FLOW, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment