Sunday, June 9, 2013

2013 - Day 160/205 - Sunday...

This was a pretty darned good day if I do say so myself.

I slept wonderfully well last night, and stayed in bed until about 6:30.  I would have rolled over and tried to go back to sleep if I did not have to get up and loose the girls from their pen.  No sense in taking the risk of then beating up on each other, I may as well get up and let them loose.

Once that was done, I read the paper, had some coffee and made us a pile of eggs.  It was cloudy and grey outside, and before long it was raining.  We got over a half-inch of rain, even though we were not supposed to get any rain.  But it was wonderful, and we will take every little bit we can get.  Since it was not supposed to rain, I had no idea how long it would not rain, so we went about doing chores in the rain.  The cattle had to be fed, the chicken coop had to be cleaned out, and this and that had to be done.  The end of the rain pretty much coincided with the completion of all the chores that needed to be accomplished, but that was okay too.  I took to the big blue char for most of the afternoon, so that was just fine with me.  This is a photo of some of the clouds that were in evidence late this afternoon.

Did I mention yesterday that we bought a used (small) chest type freezer from a client?  It seems that three refrigerator/freezer combinations is just not enough freezer capacity for us.  In no time we will have the new (to us) chest freezer filled to overflowing with NO IDEA what is in it.  Right now it has a half-gallon of ice cream and a couple permanent ice packs in it, but I think we will fix that before the week is out.

We went shopping this afternoon and bought NOTHING.  I tried.  Tonight we went to Catfish Parlor for dinner, delicious.  Tomorrow will be a day of tending to Jody, an appointment in town and then home. 

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment