Wednesday, June 5, 2013

2013 - Day 156/209 - Wednesday...

I got an earlier start today, and that made me feel LOTS better.  Part of that was because I slept better and longer.  Part of THAT was because the girls all went into the big coop on their own last night, and there was no herding of chickens into the coop.  Part of THAT might have been the result of my post last night, explaining that we had bar-b-cued chicken for dinner.  I actually do not know WHAT the reason was for the girls to be suddenly cooperative, but I will take it.  If a little passive/aggressive threat action greases the skids of cooperation as well, well, I am not above that.  I'm just sayin...

This is a picture of some of the red Morning Glories I planted earlier this year.  I have not been particularly impressed with the results of the red seeds (they mostly look pinkish to me) but these look closer to what was portrayed on the seed package.  The vines (on both sides of the arbor) are crossing over the top of the arbor to the other side, so soon we will have morning glories all the way over the arch.  That should be pretty good, we have not had a successful crop of morning glories for at least three years, so I am looking forward to these.

Today worked out just about exactly as I had planned, with a lot of office time devoted to catching up and cleaning things off my desk.  I even cleaned three or four of the shelves next to my desk, there are only about 100 more shelves to go.  Time to dispose of (recycle) lots of things on the shelves.  I recycled calendars today from 2009.  I did not even realize I have been in that particular office space for that long.

It seems I will be travelling an extra month this year.  Generally I have convention attendance things in September, October and November of each year, and this year I have a week in Chicago in August.  I like Chicago, and I think August is a particularly good month to go north from Texas.  The weather will have to be more amenable and the pizza...

Tomorrow I will have a PM meeting in the AM, then there will be my Meals-On-Wheels delivery, then a little bit of power real estate and then I have a 2 o'clock at the Board (which for all practical purposes means immediately following lunch).  Then there is the ABoR Foundation Event tomorrow night at the Board as well, which begins at 5:30.  I am not sure exactly what I will be doing from 4 until 5:30, but commandeering someones computer seems to be in the plan right now.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GLORIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment