Sunday, June 16, 2013

2013 - Day 167/198 - Sunday...

The average human lies at least twice a day.  I always knew I was above average!

Even though it does not look like it from this perspective, the bloom spike on the Century Plant has exceeded the height of the flag pole, and now we are waiting on the blooms.  I hate the fact that the plant will croak after the bloom, but that is the way it goes...

It was a pretty good day today, I stayed in bed until about 6 AM, then got up and started coffee, read the paper, let the girls loose and made a pile of eggs for me and Jody.  After breakfast, I went out to the chicken coop and took up the linoleum I had put down about a month ago, and replaced it with more of the vinyl tiles.  The tiles are a much better floor covering in the chicken coop than the sheet linoleum was.  We will see how long it will last.

Miguel came out to help, and he moved 19 bales of hay from the south pasture to the front storage area.  Having that hay takes some of the pressure off worrying about feeding the cattle for a while.  The grass pastures look like we will get at least one more cutting this year, and it will only help if we can get some more rain soon.  There is talk of a tropical storm heading towards the Texas coast that may hit by the end of the week, and that could bring us some rain, keep your fingers crossed.

While Miguel was bringing in hay, I was cutting grass between the house and the road.  Once all that was done, we both went to work building a new nesting box for the girls, we now have 15 boxes for the girls, and 31 chickens, so everyone can take their picks.  It is interesting to note that the girls have their favorite boxes, and there is not too much trouble for them to share boxes.  I expect everything will work out.

Jody and I went into town later in the afternoon, and it was not the most successful trip; I bought one pair of socks and one tie.  I was hoping for more.  There may be a trip to Macy's in my future, I don't think I have ever bought anything from Macy's, but there is a first time for everything.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MACY'S, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment