Saturday, June 8, 2013

2013 - Day 159/206 - Saturday...

I did not make it home until after 1AM this morning, so I watched a little bit of television and had a pop-sicle as I prepared for sleep.  I got to bed shortly after 1:30.  I was wakened this morning at 5:45 by an emergency page (I am carrying the pager this month).  The page was from an 800 number, and when I called it, it was ADT reporting to me that they had received a 'trouble' call from the office; the back-up battery in the security system there was low on its' charge.  Connecting to someone was a difficult part, because the 800 number was to a voice-tree and none of the options was 'Someone paged me'.  Anyway, I think they should use better judgement than to wake someone up (me) in the middle of my slumber to tell me I need to check the charger or replace the battery.  I'm just sayin'...

Lots of old sayings have plenty of truth to them, particularly the ones about chickens.  You know, things about the 'pecking order' and having something 'stuck in your craw'.  I think another one holds a lot of truth to it also, the one about 'the longer you and your chicken hang out together, the more you each begin to look like the other'.  You know that one, right?  I have decided that I am beginning to look amazingly like Vera, and I offer this photograph as documented evidence of that fact.  I think we have similar scowls, and our wattles are just about the same.  Vera has a little edge over me in the comb department, but I think as I lose more and more hair that might be a good look for me, what do you think?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MALFUNCTIONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment