Sunday, July 5, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 187/179, 2020 - Sunday

See Bill. See Bill and Janis. See Bill and Janis socially distancing. See Bill and Janis socially distancing at the early voting place in Georgetown. Janis was leaving just as I was arriving this morning We talked for a few minutes, and she told me about how someone would open the door, guide you to the proper places. As I approached the door, I was putting on my face mask, and the strap broke. I asked the docent (okay, I don't know what they are called, and they are not volunteering, so I am going with docent) if they had other masks. They did indeed and they handed me one. As I put on that mask, the strap on that one came unglued as well. Finally, the third mask was a charm, they took my ID, I signed (using a sanitized ink pen), and I was given my ballot. Easy schmeezy, in and out in less than ten minutes. I then headed to the office, and then to the condo. Carrie and Marshall met me at the condo, and everything that is leaving the condo is gone. There is nothing left but a nicely furnished condo. Tomorrow, I hope to have a lock smith at the property to adjust one of the latches, and then have a DEEP clean of the unit, then it will be on the market. Carrie and Marshall are taking one of the chairs from there, and I have another chair at the house that I want to replace it with. I pretty much cleared off my task list, so I am very happy about that. It is terrible to be so old that you realize how really tired you are, but I have pretty much had three jam-packed days. Tomorrow, they people are supposed to be here to start unloading the containers. That is going to be like a ballet of putting stuff here and there, no, not there, over there. I think the end may actually be in sight. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment