Friday, July 10, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 192/174, 2020 - Friday

Something occurred to me today; before the Covid'
s, Friday's were referred to as 'casual Friday's,' which makes me wonder that, since now most of us never get beyond the boxers and t-shirt stage, what does your 'casual Friday' look like? I wonder how much more casual can we get, and how long until we think nothing much about seeing REALLY casual days, all thanks to the Zoom. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me awake at night. Today was overall a pretty good day. I got up and took a chair apart (just the legs) and put it in my car to transport it to the condo. Got to the condo, took some listing photos, and it is now, officially on the lease market. All that really needs to happen to it now, is for it to have a REALLY good cleaning, and it will be ready to go. I have not yet emptied any boxes in the containers, but I am expecting to make really good progress on that front over the weekend. I honestly expect that most of the stuff in boxes will be discarded. Things that were in dresser drawers and things like that, we had not opened those drawers in YEARS, so I don't think there is a great need to keep a lot of it. About the most interesting thing that happened to me today was my inadvertent involvement in a high-speed police chase. I was heading north on IH-35, in the middle lane, and I was traveling about 70-75 miles per hour. There was a car in the right lane, and a car, traveling about 200 miles per hour, passed us on the shoulder. Then, all of a sudden, there were cops everywhere, covering all the exits, this and that. I got off on my exit (which has a long service road to my turn), and suddenly, to my great surprise, comes the same car, at a diminished speed of about 150 miles per hour, coming at me head-on, going the wrong way on the service road. Followed by lots of cops. I wish I knew how that all ended, but so far there has been nothing on the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment