Friday, July 31, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 213/153, 2020 - Friday

Let's slow down a bit, relax, and spend a few minutes talking about grapes. shall we? I'll start. First off, why in the hell would anyone buy grapes that have seeds in them? I don't get it. I accidentally bought grapes with seeds in them a couple weeks ago, and it was a tediously consumptive process. I would expect grapes with seeds in them would be more expensive than seedless grapes, since there is something extra in them (seeds), but I am not sure. When I was a kid, grapes were a holy-crap-luxury item. We probably had grapes twice in a summer, and I can remember it vividly; I would cram green grapes in my mouth (imitating a hamster or a chipmunk) and run outside and start chewing. Oh, now there is another topic of discussion, when did red grapes make their appearance in the markets? In my recent memory, I have consistently bought red seedless grapes (except for that recent mistake). I do not know when or why I changed from green grapes to red grapes, but I did. The negative experience I had with the red grapes (with seeds) gave me cause to try green grapes the last time I was at the market (HEB). The green grapes are most satisfying, and seem to have a longer shelf (refrigerator) life than the red grapes. But I can't prove that. I thinkI need to do more research. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment