Monday, July 27, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 209/157, 2020 - Monday

He is feeling very smug today, for a number of reasons. Reason 1: He washed the sheets and blanket on his bed, and he will soon re-make the bed (while watching Antiques Roadshow). There was no real reason for hime to wash the sheets (he is not entertaining anyone), but one of the girls hurled this morning and brought him to rapid consciousness. I heard her (not sure which one), but I did not hear the actual hurl, so I thought it was just a bit of choking...but no. So, the blanket was first, then the sheets and pillow cases. So domestic. Reason B: It has been more than two decades since his palate has been treated (not sure if that is the right word) to Hamburger Helper. I did not find it to be particularly satisfying, but it was filling, and there is a lot to be said for that. The dogs are not nearly as demanding as I am, and they had no issue with their share of the entree. Reason 3: He actually did something technological today, and it worked. My television provider here is Dish Network, and I have always wished I could watch tv while in rooms where there is no receiver. Somebody told me about 'Dish Anywhere' and I actually down loaded it to my laptop and watched the local news while I was stirring the Hamburger Helper. It is such a feeling of accomplishment, it makes me feel like a kid again, not a day over 65! I am such a luddite. I am glad I showed you the Plumeria blooms last night, because they are gone today. Such a short time for appreciation. When I left the office at about noon today, I could see this array of emergency vehicles ahead of me, so I took a detour to IH-35. It seems that a woman barricaded herself in her car on the First Street Bridge, and refused to get out or move. All over a traffic violation. It was on the news that I watched while stirring the Hamburger Helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment