Saturday, July 25, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 207/159, 2020 - Saturday

Progress is being made. Last night (really, last night) they finally came and hauled off the empty storage container. The guy opened both units, one totally empty, the other with stuff in it, and came to the door to ask me which one he was supposed to haul off. Incredible. He was the same guy that called at 6 o'clock, said he was in South Austin, and he would be here in an hour. I told him I thought it would take him longer, but he assured me he knew what he was doing. Anyway, one container is gone, and I could not be happier. This morning, by eleven o'clock, I had emptied and flattened fifteen boxes, sorted through six more, and made sure it was only books in about nine more. I filled two trash cans with stuff that I did not want to bring back into the house. Tomorrow, the plan is go go through the rest of the boxes (maybe about eighteen or twenty), fill another trash can, and try to get the garage straightened out a little bit. The container will not be empty, but I still have it for another ten days. I can get this done. We have had a couple bands of showers come through from Hurricane Hanna, but so far we have only received 0.09" of rain. I am hoping for a little bit more (at least) before this whole thing is over. I think it was enough that I am not going to water the pots outside tonight...I am pretty sure everything will survive. I did make it into Georgetown earlier, too. I took Jody's truck in, just trying to keep the battery charged up.
Stopped at Tractor Supply and got meal worms for the chickens, and then to Home Depot to get some miscellaneous stuff. I will go to the grocery maybe tomorrow, maybe one day next week. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment