Monday, July 5, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 186/179, 2021 - Monday

A couple days ago, I posted a picture of a humming bird as seen on the gate cam at the farm. The hummer has been seen two more days on that same camera. I was at the farm over the last three days, and did not pay any attention, but tomorrow I may check things out to see what I can see that is attracting that bird. This morning, I may have seen a Painted Bunting on the feeder in the back yard. This is not a very good photo, but maybe you can get the idea. I had an appointment with a housekeeper today at 11AM (yes, we both knew this was a 'holiday'), but she was a no-show, and at 11:30 I called the whole thing off. I think there were too many distractions in her life, and it just didn't feel right. No hard feelings, just no housekeeper on my near term schedule. It rained pretty hard this afternoon, and I drove right, straight into it. I had been at the farm, went in to Bartlett to talk with my friends Jim and Patsy, and then headed in to Jarrell to buy some chicken pot pies. It was sprinkling when I went in, and it was a monsoon when I came out, about five minutes later. Drove home at about 9 miles per hour on the Interstate. The rainy pattern is continuing into July here in central Texas, and, even though there will be a little bit of complaining, we will all be happy we got the rain in a few months. I have big plans for cleaning out the front shed next Saturday, I just hope the plan works.

No comments:

Post a Comment