Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 187/178, 2021 - Tuesday

The pending sale of the farm is starting to get more real, and it feels kind of odd. There are no more chickens. We got those chickens at the end of March, 2019, during the weekend celebration of Jody's 99th birthday. This batch started out with a dozen, and yesterday I gave away the remaining 9. Now, my sole purpose of visiting the farm on a daily basis consists of checking the mail, feeding Barney the cat, and checking the skimmer on the pool. I drive an extra hour each day to spend 15 minutes at the farm. The closing is scheduled for later this month, and right now, I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am being the seller client, as opposed to the Seller's agent. It is an entirely different feeling, and I believe it will be met with both sadness and gladness. I am just a bundle of contradictions right now. There were a couple challenges in the office today, but these things will be overcome within a week or two. I am of the opinion that I need to lose some weight. Somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds would be nice, and I guess I can do it if I really put my mind to it. I put absolutely NO effort into gaining the pounds, but, as usual, all I will do is complain about the efforts to reverse that trend. Oh, and this is what the girls look like when they believe they should have more dinner than I think they should have. I have been reduced to watching America's Got Talent, and I am telling you...I do not see what all the talk is about...

No comments:

Post a Comment