Thursday, July 8, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 189/176, 2021 - Thursday

This may come as quite a shock to many of you, but today was Thursday, all day. Not just all day, but ALL DAY! And during this all day Thursday, all things did not go exactly as planned, although most of the plans did go as planned. I was up at 3:45 this morning so I could leave the Curious House at 5, to get to the airport by 6, to got on the plane that was leaving at 7. All that went as planned. My friends and colleague(s) Nicole and Heath picked me up at the airport in Houston, and schlepped me to Beaumont for a TREPAC luncheon meeting. I did my stuff, helped raise some money, and we were back on the road to the airport by a little after 1 so I could get on another plane at (about) 3:30, heading to Dallas. Yeah, it was 'about' 3:30, because some of those details are a bit fuzzy now. Things were still going (relatively) according to plan, and we got to Dallas in plenty of time for me to catch my (scheduled) departure to Austin at 6:20. This is where things started going south. The 45 minutes or so that we were already late was absolutely tolerable, and we all boarded the full flight (all the flights were 100% full today) and we just kind of sat there for a while...getting further and further delayed. Then a nice young woman boarded the plane to break the news to us that, there was a mysterious mechanical issue with the plane, and we all had to get off and wander around until they found us a 'stand-in' plane to continue our journey. Bottom line, cut to the chase, they found a 'spare' plane, we all got back on, and I got back home at (about) 10:15. Totally first world (whirled) problems, I admit it...but it really was a long day. If you can see the sign on this particular piece of artwork that I am successfully defacing in Beaumont, it says "Please do not climb on rock or eagle." Challenge accepted. Thanks to my cohort in crime Nicole (whose last name I can neither confirm nor deny) for the photo work and her photo credit. Full disclosure: Those talons almost took one of my eyes out, but I took it like a proud TREPAC Trustee! Time to go sleepy now, I have an 8:30 zoom in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment