Saturday, July 17, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 198/167, 2021 - Saturday

Narcissistic Personality Disorder: A disorder in which a person has an inflated sense of self-importance. Found more commonly in men. The cause is unknown but likely involves a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Apparently nurture AND nature. Symptoms include an excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle any criticism, and a sense of entitlement. This disorder needs to be diagnosed by a professional. Treatment involves talk therapy. I always really felt more like I had a Napolean Complex, and that will just have to wait until another journal entry. Anyway, I just blame most of my complex complexes on the fact that I am and always have been a little short shit. And it seemed like, when I was in the corporate world, I was always competing with big tall shit. But I digress. This whole entry started because I keep finding pictures and photos of myself, that I have not seen in (really) decades. I will post many of them in this journal during the next few weeks, and as I either go through more boxes or put more boxes in some other kind of storage. I went on a walk this morning with Jay, and then I headed off to get paint for the fence and a few other errands. I went out to the farm this afternoon, I only have a very few other things to bring to the Curious House. I do need to put the trash cans up on the road tomorrow, and sweep out the front barn, and then I will be done! The picture accompanying this entry was done in 1973, I actually remember taping the penny to it, but I do not remember the significance of the penny. Maybe later it will come to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment