Friday, July 9, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 190/175, 2021 - Friday

Thanks for all the reach outs about my day yesterday, but don't get the wrong idea...it was mainly a GREAT day, it was just a LONG day, and towards the end of the day there were a few first world inconveniences. Honestly, nothing that I won't look back on years from now and recall with a good story for those that have not already heard it. When we pushed back from the gate yesterday on the flight from Austin to Houston, I looked out the window and decided this might be an interesting picture of a Southwest Sunrise. Get it? Ugh. I got some good rest overnight, and this morning started with an early zoom with my TREPAC family, and then off to the office. It was a pretty quiet day, and after that, I took off to the farm. It rained most of the day in Austin, but by the time I got to the farm, there was no real evidence of recent rain. There was some rain at the Curious House, but nothing out of the ordinary. What is out of the ordinary is the rain we have received recently, which also kept the temperatures really tolerable. I fear we will reverse the trend next week, and be back to a normally hot and dry summer in central Texas. Another power outage this afternoon, we are recently experiencing one every week or two. I will be happy when the solar installation has been inspected by all the regulatory bodies, and I receive the 'Permission to Operate' the system. One of our friends out here has her solar connected already, and she kind of gloats when we lose power and message amongst ourselves. We hate her. Not really! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment