Saturday, December 11, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 345/20, 2021 - Saturday

Well, as expected, today was a full day of fullness. As usual, I got up this morning and took a nice walk with Jay, Dick and Dan. My part of the walk was a bit abbreviated, since I had a nine o'clock appointment in Austin. I left for my appointment and had to turn around because I forgot my cell phone. That is not the first time this has happened, and I seem to do that more frequently lately. I hope that is not a sign of some other issue, but at least I can remember that I forgot my phone and I can also remember where I left the phone so I can go back and get it. Whatever. I knocked on the door of my appointment at EXACTLY 9AM, so technically, I was not late. I was late according to my personal criteria, but according to everything else, I was right on time. By 9:45, I was back on the road headed to College Station, and I got back home by about 4 o'clock this afternoon. Plenty of time to take a nap, and then have some food with absolutely no nutritional value, and then maybe another little bit of a nap, and then head over to Dick and Marge's for wine. It is Saturday night after all. There were just four of us tonight, and we spent some time talking about the new, revised book club we are thinking of starting, and 'all inclusive' book club, and actually reading the book will be one of the requirements. We had plenty of other stuff to discuss at length, as well. Yesterday it was 87 degrees, and overnight tonight is is supposed to be about 29 degrees for just a few hours. At six o'clock this afternoon, it was 56 degrees cooler than it was at the same time yesterday. On Wednesday, it is supposed to be 83 degrees. Fortunately, winter does not last that long here in central Texas. All the plants in the front of the house have been moved into the garage, and the plants in the back have been gathered up and covered with various bedspreads, Hopefully, everything will survive. There was a really nice sunset this evening, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment