Sunday, December 12, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 346/19, 2021 - Sunday

I am reasonably comfortable that all the potted plants, front and back, made it through the several hours of below freezing temperatures over night. By about 8:30 this morning, I was putting plants that survived the night in the garage, back outside, where the bright sun was shining and warming up the surrounds. While I was doing that, I had a power visit from my (Nebraska) friend Kim, her two kiddos and her friend and colleague Leighun. I am not sure how that is pronounced, but it was a fun, quick visit, since they were on their way BACK to Nebraska, after having come in on Friday for a Ladies Volleyball tournament (their team won). After that quick visit, I got ready and headed to brunch; it was me, Candy, Sharon and Terry. It was really good to see Terry after such a really long absence. His work is distracting him from his social life, but we hope to see him more in the near term. Once I got home from brunch, I took a LONG nap (a couple hours), and then I got started uncovering the plants in the back yard. After all the uncovering, everything got a good watering, so, plant-wise, everything is ready for the coming week. After the really low temperatures this morning, we are expecting a warm up to about 83 degrees on Wednesday. The week coming should be relatively calm, and I am looking forward to the next couple weeks of mostly nothing needing to get done in much of a hurry!

1 comment: