Monday, December 20, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 354/11, 2021 - Monday

Well...when life hands you a speeding ticket, you can either pay it or take a class to have it removed from your record. I was speeding, and this is the second speeding ticket I have gotten since Jody died, so I don't even know if I qualify to take the defensive driving class, but I will find out tomorrow. I am not trying to say that I was NOT speeding, but I am saying I was just going with the flow of traffic. There is no way I could have been going faster than the people in front of me, but that is pretty much a moot point after the fact. One way I can control this is to quit going in to Austin as much, which may be afforded me depending on what happens with the new variant. In any case, as much as I go up and down the roads, it could have been a lot worse. And, all things considered, I still have luck on my side. Otherwise, it was not a terrible day. It was cold this morning for our walk, and it is supposed to be 34 degrees tomorrow when we walk, but by Friday, it will be back in the 80s. If you take a nap here in central Texas, you chance missing winter all together. And speaking of winter, today is the winter solstice, and I learned some stuff about that today. The winter solstice in central Texas happened at 9:59AM. Winter solstice is not a day, it is a moment in time, when the planet is at a particular point in its annual orbit around the sun. I found out lots more useless information about the winter solstice today, but I will save that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment