Thursday, December 23, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 357/8, 2021 - Thursday

This is my Horriblescope as printed in this morning's newspaper: Your sharp wit delights people and makes them feel safe. You'll notice what's going on and your comments are on-point. Among your many attractive qualities is your ability to live in the moment. While I agree that I am witty and can make (many times inappropriate) inspired comments about any topic of any conversation, I have generally found this 'gift' to be misunderstood, and causes me to be the topic of general criticism. I believe that 'talent' of mine is generally under-appreciated, but I have, for years, just accepted this as MY cross to bear, as I spend hours (occasionally) trying to justify my words and to get the complainant to understand 'the joke.' Whatever. it is way too late to be trying to change this quality of mine now, so instead, I just seek out others that are just as (if not more so) caustic as I am. And, so far, it is working out pretty well for me! Okay, new subject. I am very happy with the Ninja Air Fryer I bought last month, even though I have not air-fried anything in it yet. It is also a toaster oven, which is what I have used it for, with tremendous success. Christmas Eve is tomorrow, two more sleeps (a term I have only just begun to hear this season) before the big day. I am not planning to go in to the office tomorrow, but you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment