Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 362/3, 2021 - Tuesday

Okay, I only had minor interactions with bureaucratic crap today, but it was enough to make me angry and to only reinforce a couple decisions I made late last week. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, I am really happy when I make a difficult decision, and it turns out to be the right thing to do. Jay and I walked this morning (in a little bit of a drizzly rain), then we went and had breakfast. I got in to the office about 11 this morning, and I was dumbfounded (dumbfounded, I say!) to see the line of people blocking traffic in three directions, waiting to get a free Covid test. According to the news, this place is open from 8AM until 5PM, and they processed about 1,000 tests yesterday and today. I guess it will be the same thing tomorrow, but I am still surprised with the lines and the 3 hour waits they are doing to get the tests. I had a three o'clock appointment with a vendor at the Curious House this afternoon, so I made it home in plenty of time for that. Over the long weekend (probably on Friday and Saturday) I will prepare for the possibility of a light freeze in the area. We have experienced the warmest December ever recorded, and over the next seven days, we may be below freezing for about a total of 15 hours, combined. Nothing terrible, but the plants will probably not like it if they are not attended to. We (me and the girls) will make sure they are warm and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment