Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 102/263, 2022 - Tuesday

A tornado appears as a rotating, funnel-shaped cloud that extends from a thunderstorm to the ground with whirling winds that can reach 300 miles per hour. Damage paths can be in excess of a mile wide and 50 miles long. It seems that central Texas has had an abnormally high number of tornado warnings this year, and again this evening, at least two tornados touched down just a few miles north of the Curious House. Crazy! I happen to be in Florida right now, visiting my friend Mike. I will be here 35 hours or so, to say it is gonna be a quick trip is pretty accurate. I thought I had met Mike's sister Norma in the past, but I must have dreamed it. I was in the C boarding group on the flight over here, and I do not think I have been in a middle seat on an airplane in two or three decades. I am working on a new journal, and I think I will name it 'My Middle Seat Life.' I think that is kind of a catchy title, what do you all think? I'll be back in Austin on Thursday, but in the meantime, I am enjoying visiting with Mike and Norma, and there is no bad weather forecast for Delray Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment