Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 110/255, 2022 - Wednesday

The world's largest tire is in Allen Park, Michigan. I grew up about seven miles from there, and can remember going past it very well. It is 80 feet tall and weighs 12 tons. It was originally used as a Ferris wheel at the New York World Fair, and it was moved to Allen Park in 1966. It is impossible to satisfactorily relay to you how happy I am that I got new tires for the car today. There had been a 'rumble' in the car for months...and Jay told me he thought it was the tires. I could not comprehend that, but it turns out he was absolutely correct! The rumble is gone, the car still drives great (with almost 125,000 miles on it), and I am a totally happy camper. I made it in to the office, and got some power real estate done, and made it home about 4 o'clock this afternoon. I stopped and got a stuffed baked potato for dinner, and half of it is in the refrigerator, waiting for another dinner opportunity. I don't know why I do this to myself, but it is a scientific fact that a visit to Best Buy can turn an otherwise lovely day into a sad one. And it did. Another cloudy day today, but now the sun is out. Maybe some rain next week, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment