Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 95/270, 2022 - Tuesday

The Hotel San Carlos in Phoenix is apparently haunted by the ghost of a woman named Leone Jenses. It is believed that she threw herself from the roof of the hotel not long after the hotel first opened. She manifests herself in the form of disembodied cries and strange bangs. She is also said to repeat her fall from the roof on occasion. My room is haunted. When I went to sleep last night, the little shampoos and things were all lined up nice and neatly on the rim of the bathtub. When I woke up this morning, they were all splayed out, and I do not get up during the night to visit the bathroom. Not yet, anyway. Also, the housekeeper and I are playing our passive/aggressive game with the toilet paper. You have to be a contortionist to get to the bathroom tissue (see what I did there?), so I take it from the holder and put it on the vanity, much more accessible. The housekeeper (it never fails) returns it to the holder, and folds it into a neat, arrow-like design. No matter what hotel, no matter what city, the housekeeper does this. I sometimes think I am being stalked. Today was busy with the Broker Summit. Lots of good information, lots of catching up with friends from all over the country, and lots of catching up with central Texas friends, some of which I don't see except at these conferences!

No comments:

Post a Comment