Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 109/256, 2022 - Tuesday

What we call live oak tassels, those crispy things falling to the ground and covering EVERYTHING this year, are the catkins of the love oak trees (Quercus virginiana). The catkins contain the male flowers that shed pollen. After the pollen is shed, the catkins drop from the tree. The amount of male flowers varies from year to year. This is, apparently, a banner year for the catkins. I say this because everything I own, the dogs, my bed, the floorboard of my car, EVERYTHING...is covered with oak tassels this year. Ugh! The landscape guys got almost everything finished today, there are just a few small things they need to come back and do. Overall, I think it looks very nice, and, as I said before, it will take until fall of this year to see how everything is going to work out. I think it will all be okay. It has been another cloudy day, but I just think it is clouds, no real chance of rain. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get new tires on the car. Usually, when that happens, I get new tires, then instantly start the search for a new car. Hopefully, not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment