Friday, April 1, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 91/274, 2022 - Friday

Bluebonnets were named the official state flower of Texas in 1901. Many male legislators voted in favor of a different state flower. It was a furious debate, many men in the legislature favored the cactus or cotton boll, and the basically gave in to the wishes of the women, and that is how the bluebonnet became the state flower of Texas. I saw these little bluebonnets on our morning walk yesterday, but saved the pic for this journal entry. Very pretty. The date today is the anniversary of several important things, and I will only mention them briefly. Today was Jody's birthday, today was my mother's birthday, and 22 years ago today, Carrie and I started our little real estate business. Melinda spent the night last night, and we left for the airport at about 7:45 this morning. We got to the airport just a little bit after 9, her flight left at about 10, and, as all things go these days, she was delayed but made it home to Longview about 4:15. It was a long day for a lot of us. I am looking forward to the weekend, and plan to just chill out a little bit.There are a couple estate sales I plan to check out, and I'll let you know if I find any treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment