Thursday, April 21, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 111/254, 2022 - Thursday

There are two versions (at least) about how pickleball gained its name. Joel (one of three guys credited with creating it in 1965) Pritchard's wife Joan says she called it pickleball after the 'pickle boat' crew, where oarsmen were chosen from leftovers of other boats, just as pickleball took leftovers from other sports. The second possibility is that it was names after the Pritchard's dog, Pickle. Pickle enjoyed chasing the ball. We walked in the rain this morning...maybe just a little more than a REALLY heavy dew. I had a 9 o'clock zoom meeting, and then I headed in to the office. We had a nice lunch, and at the end of the day, I went to a TREPAC pickleball event at a pretty neat place in Austin. I left there at about 6:30, and I was really surprised at how 'urban' Austin is. This was south Austin, and there were people everywhere. Trendy people with kids, dogs, strollers, pickleball equipment and beer. Very trendy and urban. I guess that is what has happened to Austin while I wasn't looking. This photo is of Becky, me and Holly. Photo courtesy of Holly.

No comments:

Post a Comment