Friday, April 15, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 105/260, 2022 - Good Friday

The Meyer Lemon (Citrus meyeri) is thought to be a cross between a lemon and an orange, thought to have originated in China about 400 years ago. They were introduced to the U.S. from China by Frank Meyer in 1908. They look like a large orange, with very soft, edible skin. They are sweet, juicy and fragrant. True dat! A couple things...when I got home from visiting Mike and Norma, I noticed that some of the blooms on my Meyer Lemon had turned into little lemons! I'm going to be a father! I counted about 16 little baby lemons, so we will see how this all goes. I do not think they will all make, and I think I will need to cull some of them so the others can mature. I learned that from the pear tree at the farm. Another news flash: I saw a hummer out at the feeders this morning. Whew! I was worried that they were not going to come around, but one is better than none, and I think they will all come around and be happy with the feeders. This is truly a bountiful year for Oak pollen and oak fronds. The piglets face is yellow, and everything is covered in pollen. It is crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment