Sunday, June 5, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 156/209, 2022 - Sunday

1954 was a simpler time. Most auto manufacturers didn't offer a choice of sub-compact. compact, mid-size of super-size cars. It was kind of a one-size-fits-all approach. 1954 was the first year (I think) that Oldsmobile produced the Rocket 88. It was also the year of the 'Quadri-Jet.' Marge and I were out cruising around late Friday afternoon, and we passed this old Olds. When we returned, I stopped to take a couple pictures. When I was a kid (I was born in '51), my dad had a '54 Olds Rocket 88. I can remember being on the drive way in Southgate, Michigan, and tracing the 'world' insignia on the trunk of the car with my finger. Our car was beige and green, and I don't think the purple color of this car was a stock color. Just thought I would share. It is going to get hot in Central Texas this week. Every day of the next week is expected to be 100 degrees or more. We all hope the power grid is ready. I did very little today, although I was in and out of the car four or five times for various errands. Brunch, nursery, home, grocery, home, nursery, home. I still have two things on my chore list, but they will wait til another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment