Thursday, June 23, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 174/191, 2022 - Thursday

Establishing a wildflower meadow isn't difficult, but it takes some planning and preparation. Most wildflowers like full sun and well-drained soil. One of our Landlords sent me an e-mail last night, he had a quick visit to Austin and drove past his investment property. He thought the house looked abandoned and was overgrown with weeds. I drove past the house on the way in to the office this morning, and it looks to me like the tenant is trying to establish a wildflower meadow. Since they do not require a lot of moisture and like full sun, I guess it is not a terrible idea. After the wildflowers go to seed, I will check back and see if he has mowed, hoping for another good year of blooms next year. Time will tell. It is Thursday, and that means Sandy's for cheeseburger specials. Dee-Lish! I got my desk cleaned off, and headed home about 2 o'clock. We are experiencing the hottest June ever here in central Texas, and it was 104 degrees in Austin today. Last night, on my way home from Austin at 9:30, it was still 95 degrees. Very hot. UGH! I am calling tomorrow a day off, and it will be a long weekend for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment