Saturday, June 25, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 176/189, 2022 - Saturday

57% of Americans say they know some of their neighbors, and 26% say they know most of them. Americans over the age of 65 are more likely to say they know most of their neighbors. 23% of adults under thirty say they don't know any of their neighbors, compared to just 4% among those 65 and older. Help me out here. What exactly is considered a neighbor. Is it the folks living on each side of you and directly across the street? Is it EVERYONE on your street? I'm not sure, but I think I could qualify as saying I know most of my neighbors. Since I have lived in the Curious House, both sets of neighbors next door to me have changed. I would say I know them casually at best, but I do know their names. I am better acquainted with neighbors that live further down the street and on cross streets...let's say, four or five houses away. I think that is mainly because they are closer to my age. What brought this subject up is the photo that is attached to this entry. I have looked at this bird feeder outside my bathroom window since I have lived here, and it has NEVER had any bird seed in it. This neighbor (Rick) has not even taken the hose bib covers off that protected his hose bibs from the freezing weather last winter. I don't care, and I am not criticizing, I just think it is interesting. Whatever. I will make sure the bird feeder in my back yard is filled tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment