Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 173/192, 2022 - Wednesday

People are more afraid of public speaking than death, spiders, heights and the dark. What you say to an audience isn't nearly as important as how you say it. Effective presentations are part voice, part non-verbal communication, and a very small part (7%) content. I was back in my happy place today, speaking in front of a bunch of agents about TREPAC. I am not at all nervous speaking in front of people. I find it really easy to work a room, and to relate to people in the audience. Years ago, I did a monthly gig on the noon news for a local station. That made me a nervous wreck, I think it was because I was not in charge. When you are in front of people, you can correct a mistake, or pause, or speak in a whisper to get the attention of the crowd. I just did not relate to television. I did, however, take the opportunity to insert the words 'duct tape' into every five minute interview. No relevance, see yesterday's post. I was in and out of Austin twice today. Once for a 9 o'clock function, then to the office, then home, then back to the office and then on to a 6 o'clock function. It was, overall, a good day. Tomorrow is Thursday (that much I know), and that means cheese burger specials from Sandy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment