Sunday, June 12, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 163/202, 2022 - Sunday

57.8 degrees Celsius, or, 136 degrees Fahrenheit (there are at least two different ways to spell Ferenheit) is the hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth. It was recorded on September 12, 1922 in Al 'Aziziyah in Libya. We came close to breaking that record today in central Texas. This outside thermometer on the pack patio registered 103 degrees about thirty minutes after I took this photo. It was a hot walk this morning, and brunch was cancelled, so the only  time I went outside (after the walk) was to water plants and to take the girls outside. There were a couple places I thought about going, but, on second thought, I found it really not necessary. So I stayed home all day. No chores to get completed, naps and television. I watched a couple old movies (Paint Your Wagon for one), and ate whatever I could find in the kitchen. Tomorrow, I will go in to the office, I have a meeting from 1 til 3:30 (or so), and on the way home, I may stop at the grocery and maybe Target. Life is calm right now, and hot. And not wet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment