Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 166/199, 2022 - Wednesday

I think, if I understand this correctly, that in February of 2019, 2.5 million people were on the road heading for evacuation routes, which led to 100 miles of traffic on Interstate 45 in Texas. Congestion lasted for 48 hours, leaving motorists stranded for as long as 24 hours along the 300-mile route from Galveston to Dallas. That is, allegedly, the worst traffic jam EVER in the United States. Well, guess what, traffic is back, and I experienced it this morning for the first time in a long time. There was absolutely no REAL reason for the back-up, but the reality is, there was a car stopped in the left hand lane, and there were two police cars stopped behind it with their flashers on. As I got to the scene of the problem, I thought it was interesting that they did not just push the car onto the shoulder, and let us all get on our way. Too much like right, I guess. Other than that, it was an okay day. I did go and give the wild flower growing out of a crack in the sidewalk some water. I hope I didn't jinx it. The temperature did not reach 100 today, so we ended the most recent streak at nine consecutive days (confirmed), and the next seven day forecast calls for every day to be at 100 or above. It is just hot. But, we have air conditioning, so it is not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment