Saturday, June 11, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 162/203, 2022 - Saturday

Toads can play dead, or puff themselves up to appear bigger if they feel threatened by predators. Toads do not have teeth, so they do not chew their food, instead swallowing it whole. They are usually nocturnal. They burrow beneath the earth in the day and come out at night to feed on insects. Summer toads outside the Curious House. The Piglet is fascinated. We didn't have toads last year, but we have a couple residents this year. I think the Piglet is more afraid of them than they are of her, but fascination is really the best way to describe her attraction to them. Marge and I went to three estate sales this morning, Marge spent six dollars, and I spent twenty dollars. I had a bit of a confrontation with a 'Karen' in Sun City, because I was trying to park in front of her mailbox. It was 9:30 in the morning, and the mail comes at, what, three o'clock in the afternoon. I just had fun calling her Karen and moved the car. My first in-person Karen confrontation, but it was not that much fun since I don't think she knew why I was calling her Karen. It is still too hot, it is still too dry, and I am still a lucky guy that lives in the Curious House. Sicily has been cancelled, I'm thinking a Canadian rail trip, or maybe Iceland. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment