Saturday, September 3, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 246/119, 2022 - Saturday

Raindrops are shaped more like hamburger buns than globes. As the drops fall, the bottom flattens out and the top remains kind of round. Do you like the way it smells after it Rains? Petrichor is the word that describes the scent of rain. Technically, it describes an oil released from the earth. The word is derived from the Greek words 'petra' (stones of the earth), and 'ichor' (blood of the gods). The basic chemistry of the process is related to decomposed organic materials fused with soil, rock, and minerals, in a chemical brew. Sorry to spoil that for you. I spent the day doing NOTHING. I did go out in the garage a couple times, considering how to consolidate things and lesses the load of it all. I am still thinking. I watched a couple movies, took a couple naps, ate some sliced ham (no bread) that had an expiration date of sometime in 2021. I am fine. It has rained off and on today, so I am happy about that. The only time I went out of the house was to go and get the mail. I do have a few plans for tomorrow, and that will take me out of the house for a while. I have an appointment with a client, and will go in to the office and post rents. On Monday I will be off to visit another property and get it ready for the MLS on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment