Thursday, September 29, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 272/93, 2022 - Thursday

Phlebotomy is the process of making a puncture in a vein, usually in the arm, with a cannula for the purpose of drawing blood. The procedure itself is known as a venipuncture, which is also used for intravenous therapy. Harvard reported that roughly 25% of adults have trypanophobia, which is an irrational, extreme aversion to blood or needles. They added that this phobia may have caused 16% of the population to skip vaccinations. All this time, I thought they were puncturing my veins with a needle. Mrs. Google defines cannula as a thin tube inserted into a vein or body cavity to administer medicine, drain off fluid, or insert surgical instruments. Sounds kind of like a needle to me. Bottom line, I showed up at the pathology lab this morning for my blood draw. When I got there, not particularly, there was only one old person in front of me. By the time I left, about 20 minutes later, the place a chocker block full of old people. Rumor has it there was a line waiting to get in at 7 o'clock when they opened. Then it was off to the city. I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up next months supply of drugs, then to the office. In the office, it felt like the fourth Monday in a row, but everything worked out by the end of my day. Pretty nice weather, a little warm still in the afternoons, but lovely in the mornings. Can you believe it is almost October? Wowza. Pretty soon it will be 2023, and who knows what that will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment