Friday, September 30, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 273/92, 2022 - Friday

Samhainophobia is a fear of Halloween. People with this specific phobia feel anxious when they think about or experience anything to do with Halloween. Many people with this phobia have gone through a past traumatic situation to Halloween. In Ireland, people started to carve demonic faces out of turnips to frighten away Jack's wandering soul. When Irish immigrants moved to the U.S., they began carving jack-o-lantern's from pumpkins, as pumpkins were native to the region. As with everything, Halloween is (as of this last day of September) is still a month away, but the original Hocus Pocus was shown last night on tv. I did not see the movie when it was released MANY years ago, but I did rent it (yep) about a decade ago and watched. I was disappointed about two things. First, I was disappointed that I did not care for the movie, and second, I was disappointed that I did not like the movie. I really wanted to like it. At any rate, I watched it again last night, and thought it was better than I remembered. That makes the thought of Hocus Pocus 2 more tenable, so I will try to catch it when it is released. Maybe. Not a particularly bad day today, but there were moments. In all the years I have been involved in real estate, today was the first time I have been told that movers could not move furniture out of a home because of the lock box on the door. Always something new. Oh, and just to be clear, I am not through with Halloween stuff, and am just trying to pace myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment