Sunday, September 25, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 268/97, 2022 - Sunday

I might have shamed the morning glories in the backyard into blooming by complaining about their lack of blooms in this journal last week. Yesterday, there was at least one bloom I spotted, and today there were three or four. Shame or bribery to get my way, I am good with either one of those. I am ready for the alleged cooler weather that is supposed to appear in the next day or two. It has been too hot for too long. The problem is, if it gets chilly for a week or two, we will all be complaining about that. It is what we do. But, bring it on, and will take it for at least a week. Generally speaking, the first bit of cool weather in central Texas is considered 'fake fall,' and does not last too long. I predict (every year) that the real cool weather will arrive the second weekend in October, and that usually sticks around for a while. I got a few things checked off my list of chores today, but not all of them, and I really do not even care. I did do some work out in the garage, and that is always something I can fall back on if I find myself wandering around the house with my thumb up my butt. Overall, the weekend was nice, calm, quiet, peaceful, relaxing. I kind of think the upcoming week will be a lot more of the same. I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment