Sunday, September 18, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 261/104, 2022 - Sunday

Why does home look a little bit strange when you get back from a trip or a vacation? A memory starts as a perception stored in your brain. With repetition, it (the memory of your surroundings) grows stronger. At home, the constant repetition generates a sense of comfort, as you don't need to think much. When you are away for a while, the memory becomes less acute. I don't think the house looks strange when I get back from a trip, but I am always glad to be home, and to sleep in my own bed, and to spring the girls from the kennel. Again, I don't know if they like or dislike being in the kennel. When they are there, I occasionally logon to watch them in 'Tiny Town,' and they do not look stressed or uncomfortable. Whatever. We are all home, and we all had a couple naps this afternoon. I was outside watering plants just a few minutes ago, and it is a lovely evening in central Texas. Relatively low humidity, mid 80s. A nice evening. We are expecting temperatures over 100 degrees on Thursday, which may or may not be the first day of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment