Monday, September 26, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 269/96, 2022 - Monday

Researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston published a study that showed virtual doctor visits can replace office visits for patients without compromising health care quality. Most patients surveyed in the study reported there was no difference in the overall quality of the visit. Somebody from my megalopolis health care provider (my doctors office) called me today to talk to me about my appointment on Wednesday. She said she could not talk to me until I provided here with my full name and lots of personal (secret) information. I told her that she had called me, and I don't give out that kind of information to people who called me. We had that discussion for about five minutes, and I told her if she wanted to tell me something about my appointment, she could e-mail me. I just argued with her because I could. She sent me a message via my 'patient portal,' and it seems I will be having a virtual doctor appointment on Wednesday. That might work out better, because I am not a fan of the corporation that my primary care physician joined about two years ago. We shall see. The humidity in central Texas has taken a plunge, and the temperature overnight is supposed to go down to 60. I may have to wear a jacket tomorrow for our walk. Probably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment