Thursday, September 1, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 244/121, 2022 - Thursday

Top sirloin is a cut of steak that offers good flavor in a thick cut, good for grilling. It doesn't have much marbling, but it has enough to provide good flavor for a steak. Lots of protein in a top sirloin. Yummy. I could never be accused of being a chef, but I do make a good wiener. Instead, tonight I grilled a steak on the stove using one of Jody's cast iron skillets with hash marks (I think) in it, so it looks like it was grilled on a grill. There is plenty of grease splatter evidence on the stove, and, if I do say so myself, it was pretty darned good, although it was a little more rare that I would have liked it. I'm more of a medium guy. Just to be clear, on the off chance that I wake up dead tomorrow, remind the coroner to check the steak bits in my stomach. Plus, there was no expiration date on the steak, and I am pretty sure it was something Dan and Nancy gave me, so that could make it a couple years old, and at best, six or eight months old. But, I repeat, it was good. Nothing much more exciting happened today, but on the good side, nothing bad happened, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment