Thursday, September 22, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 265/100, 2022 - Thursday

It is officially fall. During the autumnal equinox, the sun shines directly on the equator, and the northern and southern hemispheres get the same amount of rays. The alignment officially occurs at 8:30PM today for those of us in the central time zone. Central Texas will receive about 12 hours and 8 minutes of daylight. And it is 100 degrees on the first day of fall. Officially, I think Austin only hit 99 degrees, but I may be wrong. Anyway, it is too hot to be fall. We are supposed to cool down some late in the weekend, and the low temperatures next Wednesday and Thursday are expected to be in the low to mid 60s. I may have to put on long sleeves for my walk. Other than the heat, it was a pretty normal day here, if there is such a thing as normal. I got to the office, did some stuff, responded to some business inquiries, had a peach for lunch, and then headed south to shoot some video for our next meeting in October. I think it is in October, anyway. At Kalahari. I have never been there, but in addition to the water slides, they apparently have a conference center. It should be fun. The next to the last time I was on a water slide, I got stuck in the middle and had to scooch my way down. It was a little bit embarrassing, but only if you could see the
scooching part.

No comments:

Post a Comment