Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 250/115, 2022 - Wednesday

Do you think a book you are reading can affect your life? Mrs. Google say yes, books can make a huge difference in your life. By reading, you can get experiences and meet personalities which would otherwise be difficult and maybe even impossible. Books are a collection of thoughts that we can read and re-read. Books are a storehouse of ideas and dreams that someone else has lived or felt, and we can get that just by reading. That is really not the question I was wanting answered, but I think I really already know the answer. I finished reading my most recent book (The Book Thief) while I was driving in to the office this morning. It is a pretty emotional book (to me, anyway), and of course I was crying, which provided immeasurable entertainment to the folks on either side of me while I was at a dead stop on MoPac. But I digress. I think sad books make me sad. I think emotionally draining books drain me emotionally. I think happy books make me happy. I also think these artificial states-of-mind hang around with me for at least a few days. I'm glad I figured this out, so I can work on a work-around. Whatever. The good news is, I might have figured something out. Clouds today. Thunder. Lightning. No rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment