Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 249/116, 2022 - Tuesday

I have mentioned my Meyer Lemon tree in the past. I was in Home Depot one afternoon, and I forget what department I was in (but it wasn't the nursery section), and someone had left a Meyer Lemon on a shelf. Rejected. Abandoned. Unwanted. Ugh! I felt sorry for it (I think all things have feelings and emotions), so I put it in my basket and gave it a home. Today, I counted twelve lemons on it, the tree (plant) is not more than three or four feet high, but it is doing pretty well. The lemons are almost fist size, and I am waiting for them to turn yellow. I have been assured on many occasions that they will indeed turn yellow. I do not use lemons very much, and I am pretty sure I will give them away, if they ever ripen. It is interesting to watch the progress, though. A good walk this morning, then off to breakfast with the local ROMEOs, then in to the office. I got a good bit of stuff done, but I had a one o'clock and a three o'clock appointment at the house, so I had to make tracks. Overall, things are good, tomorrow will not be quite as hectic. Hoping for a slight chance of rain overnight, we shall see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment